Helping students make informed decisions about their career and post-secondary studies. Guiding industry partners by creating and aligning educational opportunities based on their unique workforce needs.
Distance Learning Announcements
WBL Career Pathways will be posting updates as often as possible. While WBLAS works to provide you with up-to-date information, be sure to check out the Support Hub.
- School will be online starting Monday, March 30 to Monday, May 4. Check your school email for continued updates.
- All WBL Career Pathways opportunities and events are postponed until further notice.
- Scholarships are happening. Seniors - look in your school email for updates as the scholarship committee reviews applications.
- MN Trades Academy applicants - online interviews will begin April 15.
- Gen Z Connections applicants - applications have been reviewed, interns will be notified in the near future about the 2020 summer program.
What is WBL Career Pathways Program?
White Bear Lake Area High School students enrolled in Career Pathway courses learn industry-specific skills and, in some courses may earn free college credit and industry-recognized credentials. Students are involved in engaging, hands-on classroom and field experiences, such as internships, job shadows, connecting with local industry professionals, touring local business, and other experiential learning opportunities. WBL Career Pathways participants develop essential skills and experience needed to either enter the workforce directly with a high-paying career or further their education.
Why Career Pathways?
WBL Career Pathways lays the foundation for students to excel in life beyond graduation, whether through continued education or a meaningful career. As the demand for a qualified workforce increases, the need for students to be college and career ready is now more important than ever. WBL Career Pathways provides opportunities to learn and grow the necessary skills to be a productive citizen after high school.
Information for Industry Partners
The WBL Career Pathways Team works with local industry partners to create and align educational opportunities based on their specific workforce needs.
Opportunities include but are not limited to:
- apprentice readiness
- field trips
- guest speaking
- job site tours
- student visits in The College & Career
- summer camps