Helping students make informed decisions about their career and post-secondary studies. Guiding industry partners by creating and aligning educational opportunities based on their unique workforce needs.
What is WBL Career Pathways Program?
White Bear Lake Area High School students enrolled in Career Pathway courses learn industry-specific skills and, in some courses may earn free college credit and industry-recognized credentials. Students are involved in engaging, hands-on classroom and field experiences, such as internships, job shadows, connecting with local industry professionals, touring local business, and other experiential learning opportunities. Career Pathways participants develop essential skills and experience needed to either enter the workforce directly with a high-paying career or further their education.
Why Career Pathways?
The WBL Career Pathways program lays the foundation for students to excel in life beyond graduation, whether through continued education or a meaningful career.
Internships are created to benefit students' learning experiences, address workforce issues in pathway industries, and enhance the classroom learning experience at WBLAHS.
- Create Space - FILLED
- Paid, Marketing Internship
- Job Description HERE
- Firefly Computers - 23 HS students have been hired and 11 WBL graduates are returning this year!
- Seasonal & Technical Warehouse Internship
- Learn how to apply HERE.
- Must be 16 years old and have own transportation
- Gen Z Connections - Watch the 2019 Video
- Gen Z Connections is a paid, summer internship in the Manufacturing/Engineering & Automotive Industries.
- Selected students rotate through 4 employers, 4 days a week, 4 hours a day. Students receive OSHA certification and employability skills training.
- MN Trades Academy - 6 students were hired this year!
- Application window is closed for Summer 2019.
- 500+ students have applied, about 100 students are hired. Stay tuned for selected students.
- 8 week internships, 2 tracks, paid
- MN Department of Transportation - Phoenix Program - FILLED
- Up to 24 STEM internships are available for students who are 16+ years old.
- Learn how to apply HERE.
- Monarch Healthcare Management - FILLED
- Apply HERE
- (2) Healthcare Human Resources Interns
- Apply HERE.
- Summer, paid internship with WBLAS.
- For high school students. IT Career Pathway students are encouraged to apply.
Students are offered the opportunity to participate in summer camps, job shadows, employment and hands-on experiences in collaboration with our educational and industry partners.
- Healthcare Career Immersion Program at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN for Summer 2020 - Applications accepted from December 1, 2019 - March 1, 2020.
- Summer Camps with St. Paul College
Contact Career Pathways Navigator Jenny Moore for information about the following opportunities:
- Full- and Part-time employment
- Job Shadows
Information for Career Pathways Industry Partners
The district works with Career Pathways Industry Partners to create and align educational opportunities based on partners' workforce needs.
Opportunities include but are not limited to:
- apprentice readiness
- field trips
- guest speaking
- job site tours
- student visits in The College & Career
- summer camps