Career Pathways Newsletter
Employability Skills Workshops are a Success!
On October 27 and 29, WBL Career Pathways hosted a closed event for registered Career Pathway participants. 32 students learned about digital first impressions, analyzing resumes, and top skills employers are looking for in today's workforce. A huge thank you to the White Bear Area Chamber of Commerce and their Business Education Network for providing lunch for students and industry partners. And thank you to Buerkle Honda, Beecroft Marketing & Events, TGK Automotive, and Greater Twin Cities United Way for sharing your time and expertise with the students. We look forward to offering a spring series this school year!
Celebrating National Manufacturing Month
WBL Career Pathways is thrilled to celebrate National Manufacturing Month once again. Since taking a break last year due to the pandemic, students were able to visit local employers to learn, experience, and explore a variety of careers in the Manufacturing & Engineering worlds. On October 28, students from Josh Dery’s Manufacturing & Applied Engineering course visited Westfall Technik and Teamvantage Molding LLC. Thank you to MN State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence for the generous grant to help support transportation to and from the employer sites and to Teamvantage for supplying lunch for our students and chaperones.
Kraus Anderson Speaks with AVID Students
WBL Career Pathways has teamed up with WBLAHS - North Campus AVID classes to offer a monthly guest speaking series for the 2021-22 school year. This month, Kraus-Anderson spoke with over 75 students about the variety of career paths, skilled trades, and promising careers in the world of Construction!
We Need Your Help!
White Bear Lake Area High School is opening up a coffee shop, School Grounds, for our students! This idea was started in 2019 but unfortunately due to COVID, things were shut down. As we are bringing School Grounds back to life, there are still a couple of things that we need. One of those things is a Commercial Ice Maker. This ice maker could be any size and any condition so long as it works. Please contact email@example.com if you have one to donate. Thank you!
Thank You to:
- Exercise Physiologist, Meagan Hennekens for meeting with Health & Wellness Career Pathway students about the variety of paths in Exercise Science.
- Vadnais Heights Area Community Foundation for the generous grant to support BIPOC Students pursuing STEM Careers. Students will have an opportunity to visit and learn about a variety of STEM careers and meet with industry professionals in the career field.
- Jesse Perebroom from the City of Stillwater’s IT Department for visiting the IT Explorations classes at WBLAHS - North and South Campuses.
- SP Richards Co. for donating a variety of classroom and office supplies to WBL Career Pathways.
- Sal Bagley and Maria Kennedy from Wold Architects for speaking with Fred Feirn's Architectural Design Class.