Below are the expectations for each student-athlete for the White Bear Lake Boys Hockey Season. Each player and parent/guardian are agreeing to abide by and respect these expectations throughout season. Our goal with the expectations is to communicate clearly what is expected from each student-athlete, create unity on the team, and help the players understand the commitment for season.
Failure on the athlete’s part to follow these expectations will result in disciplinary action that could result in suspension for the entire season.
1. Athletic code, physical card, insurance waiver and user fee must be on file before the first day of practice.
2. Athletes must attend all mandatory practice sessions and games unless excused by the head coach.
3. Athletes must be on time to practice and to all games unless previous arrangements have been made by the head coach.
4. Athletes are financially responsible for any equipment destroyed or lost or not turned in at the end of the season.
5. Athletes must meet the districts requirement in regards to academics and have no unexcused tardies or unexcused absences.
6. Athletes will present themselves in a professional manner in school, to and from game sites, and in any other manner that they represent themselves and our program.
7. The team comes before any individual.
8. All athletes must follow the guidelines of the White Bear Athletic Code and the MSHSL bylaws and policies. There will be no hazing of any team member. Repeat violations will result in automatic dismissal from the program. A player with a violation will have to earn their spot back when suspension is served.
9. Always let the coach and athletic trainer know of injuries or concerns that may be detrimental to yourself or to the team.
10. All athletes must abide by the Minnesota Criminal Code and obey municipal ordinances and state statutes. Violations are unacceptable and will jeopardize team status.
11. Always respect yourself, coaches, referees, opponents and fellow team members.
12. Any concerns the athlete has should be brought to the attention of the coach, and a parent/athlete/coach meeting will be scheduled, if necessary, after a 24 hour “cooling off” period.
13. Any problems/concerns must be taken up with the coach of that particular level and follow these chains of command: coach/player, coach/player/parent, coach/player/athletic director
As your coaching staff, we are looking forward to the upcoming season! We believe each student-athlete has great potential to excel this season if they are willing to invest the time and effort to achieve success!
Mission: To give back time and energy to the White Bear Lake Area Hockey Association and to provide young hockey players with positive role models.
Description: Each player in the White Bear Lake High School Boys Hockey program is required to work a minimum of 6 hours with a youth hockey team in the White Bear Lake Area Hockey Association. Players can be used to demonstrate drills, assist with practice, provide individual coaching to players, and be a positive impact on the youth team.
Questions about the program or compliments/concerns about a high school player can be directed to Tim Sager 651-653-2759.
Please complete and return this Mentor Program Form to the WBL Boys High School Hockey Coaching Staff