Providing safe and efficient transportation of students to and from school.
The White Bear Lake Area Schools Transportation Department serves over 3400 bus stop locations within our 45 square mile district community each day.
Transportation Department Contacts
WBLAS Transportation (Buses Numbered 1-99)
Mike Turitto, Transportation Coordinator
4855 Bloom Avenue
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Contracted Transportation (Buses Numbered 100-199)
2331 Leibel Street
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Phone: 651-407-9080 (office)
If you have a driver concern, please contact the bus company.
Buses Numbered 1-99 - contact WBLAS at 651-407-7538.
- Buses Numbered 100-199 - contact First Student at 651-407-9080.
If you are not sure who to contact, please call the Transportation Department at 651-407-7538.
Activity Bus Information
- 4:00 pm Central Activity "A" bus
- 4:00 pm Central Activity "D" bus
- 4:00 pm Sunrise Activity "B" bus
- 4:00 pm Sunrise Activity "C" bus
- 5:00 pm Activity "A" bus
- 5:00 pm Activity "B" bus
- 5:00 pm Activity "C" bus
- 5:00 pm Activity "D" bus
- Friday Activity "A" bus
- Friday Activity "B" bus
- Friday Activity "C" bus
- Friday Activity "D" bus
- How are pickup and drop-off locations chosen?
- How are routes designed?
- Why do some children have to cross the street to board the bus?
- We live on a cul de sac. Will the bus come down our street?
- Our neighborhood has no sidewalks and has hills and curves. Can we have an additional bus stop so our children do not have to walk to the existing stop?
- The bus goes right by my house. Why can't it stop here?
- I own a daycare and need the stop at my house because the State requires me to see the students at all times. Why can't the bus stop be located at my house?
- I have young children at home and/or I leave home because of work.
- Why can I not see the bus stop from my house?
The Walk Boundary distances are calculated from our computerized routing software. Distances are measured from the edge of the school to the end of the student's driveway along the path a student could actually walk.
- Grades K-2 - 1/2 mile
- Grades 3-5 - 3/4 mile
- Grades 6-12 - 1 mile
Busing boundaries are limited to the school attendance areas for all regular education students.
Matoska International IB World School
Matoska International is a K-5 choice school open to students throughout the district. The District provides transportation from any point in the school district for students enrolled at this school.
High School Campuses
- White Bear Lake Area High School - North Campus (serving grades 9-10)
- White Bear Lake Area High School - South Campus (serving grades 11-12)
- White Bear Lake Area Learning Center (serving grades 9-12)
The District provides transportation from any point in the school district for students enrolled at these schools.